Google Play Music is one of the most popular music streaming services in the world with a huge library of songs that you can listen to for free. What if we told you that it also lets you use Google Play Music as your ringtone? You may be wondering how this is possible, and what extra steps are necessary to make it happen. That’s the question many people ask themselves when they want to change their phone ringtone. Well, there’s really nothing more than downloading a few apps and following these instructions!
Not many people know that you can set a song from Google Play Music as your ringtone. The process is easy and only takes a few minutes to complete.
If you stumbled upon this post from Google, we wanna tell you that there are many other methods we have mentioned in this free ringtones site that how you can add or change your Android phone ringtone. But in this article, as the title suggests, We will tell you how to set your Android phone ringtone from the Google Play music app. As of now, the Google Play Music app is coming pre-installed on many Android phones which will give you an easy option to change the ringtone.
There are 2 ways in which you can use the Google Play Music app to set the ringtone of your Android phone. One is via SD card if you have it follow the 1st method if not then you need to download the music to your PC and then transfer it to Android device like shared in 2nd method.
Set a song from Google Play Music as your ringtone via SD card
01. Open Google Play Music and click on the hamburger menu on the top left and choose Settings.
02. Scroll below and in Storage location choose external. As you download the music from Google Play, it will save it in the External Storage SD card.
03. FInd the tune/music you want to download from Google Play. Just remember the file name you downloaded for later to find easier.
04. Now open the file manager on your Phone if hasn’t one download it from play store.
05. Select SD card and Go to Android > data > com.google.android.music > files > music
06. Now search the file you downloaded above in step 03.
07. Tick the checkbox right to the file you found and copy the file. You will see the copy option in the bottom left.
08. Now come back to the File Manager. Go to Phone storage > Ringtones
09. Paste the track here.
10. Now Go to Settings, Sound, Ringtone, you’ll find this file at the top of the list.
Set a song from Google Play Music as your ringtone – PC or Mac
01. If you don’t have an External storage like SD card on your phone then you need to download the music on your PC.\
02. Go to play.google.com and select My Library, Songs.
03. Find the song you want to download. Take the mouse over it and click on 3 dots menu … and download it.
04. You will see a pop-up box to ask you “Are you sure you want to download this on your computer”. Click on Download now.
05. Connect your Android phone to PC and transfer the downloaded file into File Manager.
06. Now Go to Settings, Sound, Ringtone, you’ll find this file at the top of the list.
Now that you know how to use Google Play Music as your ringtone, it’s time to start listening. If for some reason the steps we outlined in this blog post don’t work or if you need more help with something related to our tutorial, please feel free to reach out and ask us any questions! We are happy to assist however we can. And who knows? Maybe you’ll be able to find a few new songs while browsing through all of those options on Google Play Music too!